Sunday, August 15, 2010

On the next rung of website building - SEO

In February 2010 I wrote that I created a website & had it published online. Wow, I was so pleased... It was a moment of achievement for me.

I also mentioned that the website needs a lot of work to make it smarter because it was built with free online resources.

I recently got a website building software which made it easier to publish a website. I managed to clean up some of the html codes, do more internal links, a proper sitemap.xml file etc. It is not yet up to professional's standard but it is not too bad from a novice with some SEO (search engine optimisation) skills. I would admit that there is still work to be done, eg more articles, links, graphics, on & off page optimization etc.

This is my is still first work & it ranks well on the first page of search engines like Yahoo, MSN, Excite etc..

But for the all important search engine, Google, I can't get it to rank in the first few pages of Google. Perhaps it was a mistake trying to get into an extremely competitive niche & play big against the big boys. Check out my site: www.lawyer-singapore.com

BTW, I just finished working on a couple more websites which I will announce shortly. Anything is possible if you have the right tools...

No comments:

Post a Comment